Thanks to everyone for coming to lunch. We had 16 people, and complete introductions in 23 minutes.
The topic of the question was “repair”.
- Linda Diane Feldt is repairing her side door, original equipment on a 90 y/o house.
- Kathryn Sanderson darns socks.
- Dan Friedus wants to know if you want to repair his 1980s Bolens garden tractors. (Make an offer.)
- Ruthann Nichols teaches Science and Wine as a freshman seminar at the U.
- John Barrie recommends Fix It Friday at Maker Works, and is repairing an Advent 300 stereo.
- Josephine (sp?) is repairing a sense of community and interviewing a new boss.
- Lou Leone likes not having to repair things.
- Linda Rayle is decluttering.
- Roger Rayle says “ideas get repaired” by his efforts.
- Larry Siden is fixing code and got a rattling guitar amp repaired in Keego Harbor.
- Helene Gidley is also darning socks and saved some wall paper for years for a successful repair.
- Keith Alexander is repairing blank surfaces by painting murals.
- Kathy Griswold repaired some household lighting.
- Kai Petainen is repairing computer models for picking stocks.
- Tim Athan is a forensic engineer and does failure analysis.
- Ed Weiss is looking for help to repair help files for a music synth program written in Japanese for Windows 98.
- Ed Vielmetti has successfully repaired two shortwave radios.
Thanks to Kai Petainen for his contribution and new membership to the Meetup group. The nominal dues are $20/yr which covers the costs of hosting on Meetup. Dues are completely voluntary and we always welcome everyone who comes.
Events coming up:
- Friday 1⁄22
- Saturday 1⁄23 Ann Arbor Farmers Market
- Sunday 1⁄24 Hazel Park Hamfest 8a-noon
- Sunday 1⁄24 “Ann Arbor Cocktail Coven”, talk to Lou Leone for details, Facebook group
- Monday 1⁄25 a2civictech w/s/g Kathy Grisworld on SeeClickFix and civic engagement, at AADL
- Tuesday 1⁄26
- Wednesday 1⁄27 Agile Groupies w/s/g Helene Gidley at Pillar, “Lean Coffee” format.
- Wednesday 1⁄27 Zoning Board of Appeals; no agenda yet
- Thursday 1⁄28 a2b3 lunch at Ayse’s
- Thursday 1⁄28 IOT Detroit in Allen Park
- Fri-Sun 1⁄29-1⁄31 Makeathon at UM Stamps School
- some future Friday: Fixit Friday at Maker Works
- end of June: Michigan Energy Fair w/s/g John Barrie
Events in the past
- Monday 1⁄18 Ann Arbor City Council. What do we want? DRAFT MEETING MINUTES. When do we want them? EIGHT BUSINESS DAYS.
- Tuesday 1⁄19 a2newtech; Roger Rayle has video, I think.
If I take notes in my notebook, it doesn’t take long to write this up.